Thursday, November 16, 2017

Getting Ready

My Feathers are flying everywhere.

I spent some time yesterday & today doing laundry. Washing my darks, mainly the browns that are mostly from Blue Hill...A few of the Turquoise fabrics...I might wash the corals too.
These are the ones I've pressed..

The colors aren't coming through true...these fabrics are dark brown.

These fabrics are washed but I haven't had the time to press them yet...I'll do that today.
Again these are all dark browns, no green at all.
Some other CW fabrics too.
Washed most of the blues & corals

I hung some of the smaller pieces in my sewing room.
I have several clotheslines up in my basement on the other side. Also by the laundry area..BTW I am not fond of my front loading washer & dryer..Wish I had a large capacity top loader again.

My L/E project for the mystery will be Bonnie's Irish Chain quilt...(my 2nd one)
This time I had to use my 2.5" squares because I just have too many.

I need to make 33 of these blocks & 33 of the background blocks..Course I had to figure new dimensions to cut the fabrics to make them come out @ 10.5" instead of Bonnie's 8".
From her 2nd book.
 Haven't pulled a backing yet, have to go through them to see what I have.

I think it's ok to post pics of her quilt...I think it's just that we can't post the pattern..
If I'm wrong, please correct in the comments & I'll delete the pics.


Blessings & good Health to Everyone

Saturday, November 11, 2017

Quilter's ADD

Quilters ADD, I'm beginning to think I have it...I was doing great on my Lozenges when I remembered  I had started a Christmas Sampler Wall hanging several years ago...Yeah, I know.
Just 6 blocks, @ 12".
Machine quilted with a Christmas variegated thread & just came out of the wash.

Just so I have something to put up for Christmas....Oh I did buy a 3 ft' flocked tree...cute.
I almost changed out my garden & house flags today to winter ones....but then I thought we still have 3 weeks or so of Autumn...It was so windy last night my house flag out front blew right off the pole! It attaches to the end of the pole with a little loop that you slide into a clip. How it came off of that I can't imagine.

Monday, November 6, 2017

Some Finishes

 These are most of the fabrics I pulled for our new mystery with Bonnie 
"On Ringo Lake"

 My fini "En Provence"...well still needs to be quilted, so technically it's not a fini....Above is the backing for it.

This is the beginning of my Lozenges was a Summer Challenge a couple few years ago.
I Love, Love, Love this pattern!
Thank you Bonnie!

Blessings & Good Health to Everyone

Thursday, October 26, 2017

May Basket

Just finished double mounting this and am waiting for the frame to dry...will post another pic when it's set in the frame.
It's mounted on sticky board which is mounted on another fabric wrapped sticky board. Done on 18 ct fabric with mostly variegated threads.

Saturday, October 21, 2017

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Little bit of sewing

I wanted to see if I could sit at my machine & sew....So I made a very quick pillowcase...pattern by my Dear friend Victoria Carroll Parkhill..the pattern is on her blog..

 What else do you do with a fabric that is Multi colored & doesn't read any certain single color..

Thank You Dear Vic!
I Love you

Sunday, October 15, 2017

New Mystery

Bonnie was saying on her last Quiltcam that she will be posting information on the new Mystery at the end of the month....I can hardly believe it's that time of year already...
Well, I have decision to make. It's difficult to sit & sew at my machine because of this problem I'm having. Right now I'm standing up & typing this post.

I think I'm going to have to pass on this years mystery if I still have my problem...
I'll save the Parts she posts & do it when I'm able..

This will be the very 1st time I won't be participating since I started doing her mysteries back when my 1st one was Roll Roll Cotton Boll.
Very sad feeling I have about this.
I do so hope I'm better by Black Friday...Please, Please Please.

Please Mighty God Heal me.

Dear Vireya gave me an excellent suggestion...She thinks I should make a few of each part & put aside until I'm better...Brilliant!! Thank you so very much  Vireya...And I'll say it again. I have the very Best Friends anyone could wish for...I Love each & every one of you.

P.S. I did manage to sit & wind a bunch of neutral bobbins, so that's a good sign.πŸ’—πŸ’™πŸ’šπŸ’œ

Blessings & good Health to Everyone

Saturday, October 14, 2017

Camera results

Well, back to square #1
Whoever read the results said everything was normal??!!!!!
Some bleeding but nothing to worry about....
Next Dr. appt. is in 3 weeks!!!
I give up.

Thank you to all the Sweet Gals who left me prayers & comments ... 
You are the Best people I know.πŸ’–πŸ’“πŸ’—

Ok, trying to stay busy here....

 This is what I'm currently working's called 'The May Basket' & since I'm a May baby I thought this would look good in our bedroom....maybe....

 A bracelet case I recycled into a X Stitch case for my car when we travel or at appts.

This is my new bay window on the north side of the house
And Morgans bed because he spends a lot of time looking out this window.

Pete does awesome work. 
It being the North side I think I'll skip the curtains & shade...But I will have him put up a wooden pole so I can hang my low light plants.

Blessings to Everyone