Sunday, December 6, 2015

Allietare Clue #2

This Clue #2 went much quicker than I expected...these geese units remind me of 1/3 of a Spoolin' Around spool block..the gray part being part of the spools...or someone else said it looks like part of a bow-tie block..although I doubt we're even close to what Bonnie has planned..She's the Best!

 I have yet to use any of the neutrals I pulled for these 2 quilts...but I will next time they are called for as they are beginning to look boring to me. Especially in my quilt, #2.
 
Clue #2 completed for quilt #1 for Tom
Clue #2 completed for quilt #2 for me

Look at Everyone's progress at the Linky Party for Allietare on Bonnie's Blog
Allietare Mystery Link-Up

I'm also linked to Free motion by the River,
Blossom Heart Quilts, Oh Scrap! Quilting is more fun than Housework.
Patchwork Times



21 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

I am impressed that you finished not one, but two sets of blocks and cutting! I think the decapitated geese blocks look like Santa hats without the pompoms.

Vireya said...

Both sets finished - well done! These unusual pieces are definitely keeping us guessing.

Bonnie K Hunter said...

Great units! Please include this link to me in your post or description:
http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2015/12/allietare-mystery-monday-link-up-part-2.html

Denise said...

Both sets are wonderful! I wait to see the version for You, so nice with green.

Bente Antonsen said...

Your sets are wonderful. I am impressed how fast you are.

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Looks intriguing. I love both your colorways.

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Very lovely units for clue #2. Both of your color combinations are just wonderful.

Andee said...

Pat yourself on the back twice! Looking good!

Dreaming said...

I was going to ask if you were crazy, doing two quilts. But, now, I'm thinking that would be be a great idea for me - I could learn from my mistakes right away!

Jackie at Adirondack Urban said...

Wow! Looking great so far! I love your quilt #2 colors!

verpa said...

Two quilts? Are you kidding? I´m doing just few pieces every step. So I must work harder :)). Love your musculine colours from Tom´s quilt.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Both groups looks great!!

Laura said...

Your units look great!

PAMTASTIC! said...

beautiful blog, and your units are jazzy!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

It will be fun to see both quilts come together. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Frog Quilter said...

Good choices.

Susan Hillock said...

Two quilts, impressive! :)

MartiDIY said...

From what I've seen of this quilt so far, there are a lot of pieces so far. So impressive that you are doing two of them!

Rebecca in AK said...

Two quilts! Wow! I love your fabric choices. Especially for quilt #2!

knitnkwilt said...

Not one but two!!! I have avoided mysteries, but if I could use scraps, I should maybe rethink it. claire

Kate said...

Wow, you finished up two sets of clue 2 blocks. That's some diligent stitching. Hope you were able to keep up with clue 3.