Friday, June 9, 2017

Rag Quilts

These rag quilts sure are fun to make!..about 5 years ago a friend of mine gifted me 12 pumpkin blocks, all done by different Gals.
I finally put them in a quilt this morning..

Also made 2 pillowcases. One for me & one for my Son's body pillow...mine is made with 2 flannels with squirrels & acorns, his has WWII airplanes with a black background..He picked it...I have a little bit of his fabric leftover thinking of making a valance for his newly painted room....(Update)*** I made the valance but he doesn't want it , he said it was too young looking for him..which I understand..He has nice bamboo shades.

Also made another Rag quilt with a couple charm packs. Pretty roses.

And finally finished the rug I was crocheting with Bulky yarns..
 Just came out of the dryer...the back is also green.
I hand sewed rubber backing onto this rug..it measures around a yard in diameter.
washed & dried twice.
Forgot to mention this wrapped bowl I made..I keep my most used notions in it.
Always wanted to make one...I need thicker clothesline I think.
Used Christmas fabric scraps to make it.
Just took it out of the dryer..

I'm linked to Can I get a Whoop Whoop!



3 comments:

Kathy S. said...

Love those pumpkins! Beautiful works.

Feathers in my Nest said...

Thank you so much Kathy!

Sewing Up A Storm said...

The rag quilt looks great, bet you are happy to have used those blocks and have another UFO finished! the basket is a great way to use fabrics you really just need to use up, who would think those are Christmas fabrics, not me.